Friday 17 June 2011

New Work - May

Here are the pieces I have up for my degree show. There are four pieces in total!

STRUM
Re-strung vertically, with a simple vinyl instruction in the corner. Touch is encouraged. When the bands are 'strummed' they vibrate and blur.




AN ACCUMULATION OF STRAWS (91 rubber bands, 22750 drinking straws)
Each bundle is a standard pack of 250 straws. Similar to the elastic band piece, the straws have a really mad optical quality about them. They look soft from the side and have a honeycomb effect from above.



A CLUSTER OF SCREWS
Originally part of the installation 'Around', I edited down the piece to a simple cluster of used screws.

RUNNING WATER THROUGH BENDY STRAWS (film)
My first foray into film. This is an uncomplicated film - a bit of fun I hope. Bendy straws jammed into a set of taps, with water running through continuously...

No comments:

Post a Comment