Tuesday 15 June 2010

Finding traces, leaving traces

I am involved in an exhibition in Bath this week with four other artists. We have managed to get hold of an empty shop owned by the council. Here's our poster, each is unique, each of us has left our finger print on every one.


TRACE: “An indication of the former, presence or existence of something; a vestige, a barely perceivable indication; a touch.”

"To live is to leave traces." Walter Benjamin

So... I have been scouring/tracing the tiny park next to the shop we are using, collecting scraps/objects/rubbish that people have left behind. (I've been getting alot of funny looks too).
I'm hoping to show the smallest things in a slide projector, I think I might display/classify the rest of the objects too.

Watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment